- May 4, 2022 - 7 P.M. (Zoom door opens earlier). Discuss Summer plans. Then, we will break up into small groups and share images. This is always a fun activity and a great chance to get feedback on your images and equally important an opportunity for you to provide feedback.
- May 18, 2022 - Final CCVFCC competition of the season. Categories are Open, Nature, Scenics, and Families.
- June 11, 2022 - (tentative, save the date). End of the Season Party - Brooks Park, Harwich 4 P.M. LIVE.
- June 15, 2022 - Image of the Year.
Check the Calendar for All Future Events.
Remote Meetings: [For the video conference link click here - must be logged-in]
- Saul Fisher has achieved the Gold Class for CCVFCC competitions.
- Victoria Goldsmith has achieved the Silver Class for CCVFCC competitions.
- Thomas Inglin has achieved the Silver Class for CCVFCC competitions. Congratulations.
Larry Sweeney, a longtime member of our club and also a member of the Carver Camera Club, died on April 18th. Larry was an excellent photographer, winning many awards over the years. At one time, he was in charge of programs for our club. He also handled NECCC print entries for a short while. Larry was a gentle soul and friend to many. - Debbie Owen
We mourn the loss of longtime Viewfinder David Jordan. He passed away early Friday morning, January 28th, just shy of his 94th birthday.
Debbie Owen's remembrance of David is available here.
David Jordan - 2018
Preparing for the 21st and Final Photography Contest
Photo by Michael Karchmer
Former member John Whitmarsh died on January 30th. Known for creative, often abstract or impressionistic, photography and witty, eclectic conversation, John will be missed. You can find his obituary at this link. https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/south-dennis-ma/john-whitmarsh-10560496
You can see his stunning images at https://www.johnwhitmarshphotography.com/
My thoughts are with his family and friends. - Sue Swartzlander
Former member Gerry Moynihan died after a long battle with a chronic condition. He leaves many CCVFCC friends with his passing.
Calling Hours: Thursday, May 12 - 4 - 7 PM at Chapman Cole & Gleason Funeral Home on Main Street in Harwich.
Funeral: Friday, May 13, 2022 at 10:00 AM at St. Joan of Arc church in Orleans.
CCVFCC in International Competitions
New England Camera Club Council [NECCC] Winter Projected Image Competition:
- In Nature (Class A), Jon Rolf tied for 3rd place with his image "Chestnut Breasted Coronet." Sue Swartzlander was awarded an HM for "Snowy Owl on the Prowl." Overall as a club, Viewfinders was in 4th place out of 20 participating clubs.
- In the Pictorial (Class A) Competition, Jim Walczak received an HM for his image "Leaving". As a club, for the Winter Competition Viewfinders was in 7th place out of 25 participating clubs.
Photographic Society of America [PSA] Round 2-
- PSA Travel Division competition results are in. Check your e-mail for details from Stephen Director.
- Overall the club is ranked 18th place out of the 23 clubs in our group.
- Projected Image Division: Congratulations to Jim Walczak whose image, "Kirkjufell Aurora Borealis," received a Merit Award (top 10%)!
- As a club, we are now tied for 8th in our division (B) out of 25 clubs.
- Nature Division: Despite what the committee thought were strong submissions, none of our entries earned ribbons.
- As a club, we are now tied for 12th in our division (A) out of 23 clubs.
Please check to see if you have your mailing address in the system (My Account). Ribbons will be mailed only if Vivian Teague has access to that information.